Communication between the teacher and the parent is a must in order to ensure that the student is successful in 4th grade. Below, you will find a list of important bullet points regarding the communication policy in my classroom.
- The teacher uses Class Dojo frequently throughout the day to post announcements, alert parents of changes in schedule, student behavior, etc., and to post what is happening in our classroom. Class Dojo is the most effective way, besides a face to face meeting, to communicate with the teacher.
- All emails and class dojo messages, if received after 4:00, will be responded to within 48 hours. I do not respond to Class Dojo messages and emails that are received after 4:00 due to extra curricular activities with my 4 year old son, homework time with him, and family time.
- If you would like to schedule a conference, please send me an email or a message through Class Dojo with your concerns and your availability and I will do my best to accommodate your schedule and will set up a conference.
- If you are unable to send an email or a Class Dojo message, please feel free to write a note to me in your child's agenda, inform your child to show it to me in the morning upon arrival, and I will respond in the agenda and inform your child to show you when he/she gets home.
- Leaving a message for me in the front office is fine as well. However, I may not receive it right away depending on how busy they are in the morning. Another option is coming to see me in the morning during arrival in our classroom. I can talk with you for 2 minutes while I greet my students and ensure their safety upon arrival and their getting started on morning work.
- The parent portal is a great way to keep up with your child's assignments and what is being turned in and what they are missing. I do not always have the fortunate luxury of sending each parent/guardian a class dojo message regarding missing assignments. I do recommend checking the parent portal which is updated every Tuesday per TCEA policy for 4th grade teachers.